- 1 lb of skirt steak
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger root, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha, plus more to garnish
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice, plus extra limes to garnish
- Cilantro, jalapeños, and/or scallions to garnish
- 1 cup of uncooked basmati brown rice
- 1 head of butter lettuce
Trim the fat off of the skirt steak, and place in a large bag. Add coconut aminos/soy sauce, sesame oil, minced ginger, minced garlic, Sriracha, lime juice , and coconut sugar/brown sugar to the bag. Mix well in the bag and marinate the skirt steak for 4-24 hours.
Prepare rice according to package directions. I used my Zojirushi fuzzy logic rice cooker! ^_^
Remove the skirt steak from the bag, and pour the marinade into a small saucepan. Bring the marinade to a boil for 4 minutes to reduce the sauce. You may add extra water or broth if needed. Rest the skirt steak for 15 minutes before grilling. Grill the steak over direct high heat for about 5 minutes for medium-rare. Cut meat into slices.
Separate some butter lettuce leaves and wash them. Prepare the wraps by placing 1 leaf on the plate, and top with rice, skirt steak, and desired garnishes. Drizzle with the reduced sauce and enjoy!
I also ate a 1/2 avocado diced, which went nicely with the wraps. Note the high sodium - you may use a reduced sodium soy sauce if you are limiting your sodium intake.
Servings: 4 • Calories: 387 • Fat: 17 g • Carb: 29 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 27 g • Sugar: 8 g
Sodium: 1455 mg • Cholest: 66 mg