Made Unstuffed Bell Peppers for dinner tonight! Super clean and leftovers will be easier to eat since everything is already chopped up! :)
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 3 bell peppers (any color), chopped...
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup of corn (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce or salsa
- Oil of choice (I used coconut oil)
- Spices of choice (I used garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, Mexican oregano, anchor chili powder, and red pepper flakes)
- 1/4 cup of cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large skillet of high heat, melt oil of choie
- Add bell pepper and onion and sauté until soft
- Add ground turkey and cook until browned
- Add corn, tomato sauce and/or salsa, and seasonings to taste. I also added some sliced jalapeños. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour skillet into a 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes